Colas are looking to hire an Apprentice Body Shop Technician for our busy and expanding Ringmer Mechanical Services team. All aspects of body shop repair is carried out within our body shop and you will be assisting and learning from fully trained personnel as well as other teams at Ringmer.
During this Apprenticeship you will learn to determine the nature and extent of damage to vehicles and be trained to carry out the necessary repairs.
Some of the skills you will learn will include;
- Ensuring vehicle security and safety while in shop
- Participating in developing a proper repair plan for each vehicle
- Documenting all repairs and maintenance actions on Work Orders
- installs, adjustments, and aligns to body components
- straighten cab structure
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will need to have a passion for learning and a good eye for detail. You will have good communication skills, be a team player and have a methodical and tidy approach to work as well as excellent time management skills.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas offers some great benefits with this role, including:
• A generous pension contribution
• Life assurance cover (x4 basic salary)
• 21 days annual leave + bank holidays (with the option to buy/sell more)
• Flexible working policy
• Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
• Ongoing training and personal/professional development
• Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
About the Company
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people including over 1500 in the UK across multiple sites. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.