Due to recent award of works in Liverpool we are currently looking to appoint a Project Manager to manage and deliver small to medium surfacing and general civil schemes.
he Project Manager will manage key project deliverables including client expectations supporting contract commitments whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices, undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and Environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees. Acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts. Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self-delivery through promotion of our One Colas culture.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have several years experience working in a similar discipline, on local authority maintenance schemes. You will have a proven record of resource / personnel management along with working knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements.
You will also have:
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- CSCS Black Card or Equivalent
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance
- Knowledge of business management systems
- Strong leadership and planning / organisational qualities
- A demonstrable strong Business acumen
- Motivation and people management skills
- A keen passion for the Development of others
- Good communication skills
- a strong desire for business growth
- Detailed knowledge of the industry
- Good written and oral skills
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas offers some great benefits with this role, including:
• A generous pension contribution
• Life assurance cover (x4 basic salary)
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (with the option to buy/sell more)
• Flexible working policy
• Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
• Ongoing training and personal/professional development
• Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
About the Company
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people including over 1500 in the UK across multiple sites. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.